1. Beyond Digital Natives:Old Problem, New Systems
April 4th 2008, Said Business School, University of Oxford
The Beyond debate this year is focusing on Digital Natives - exploring how learning styles have changed for the "Net Generation". The debate will include:
- Prof. Rose Luckin, Professor of Learner Centred Design at London Knowledge Lab
- Brian Kelly, UK Web Focus at UKOLN and IWR Information Professional of the Year
- Dr John Fazey from the Oxford Learning Institute
- Ajit Jaokar co-author of 'Mobile web 2.0'.
The speakers will explore how education has met the challenge of harnessing learning technology.
Keynote talks from researchers in this area will include:
- Dr Joan K. Lippincott, the Associate Executive Director of the Coalition for Networked Information, who will be looking at the emergence of new learning styles
- Prof. Sugata Mitra, Professor of Educational Technology at Newcastle University talking about the Computer in the wall project in India.
Our annual panel session of young learners from across the educational sphere will explore the logic of "Don't educate me, teach me to pass exams".
As usual this conference will follow the Shock of the Old conference on Thursday April 3rd at the same location, this year focussing on Web 2.0 in education.
1.1. Booking Information
Booking is now closed. Refreshments and lunch are included in the price per day: 90.00 (academic); 200.00 (commercial); 40.00 (members of Oxford University and/or students)
As usual this conference will follow the Shock of the Old conference on the Thursday at the same location. More information and registration instructions will be added to this site shortly as conference details are confirmed.