This page provides links for the different methods of accessing the University's wireless service for members of the University, visitors or IT staff. While IT Services provides the central infrastructure to allow departments and colleges to provide a standard set of wireless services, the devolved nature of the University means that each department and college makes the decision whether or not to offer wireless networking and which services it will offer.
Those new to wireless networking may wish to read a short introduction.
- Are you a student/academic/staff?
- Are you a visitor?
There are two ways of accessing the wireless system:
- If you are an education related visitor, without eduroam access, then please see OWL Visitor access for details.
If you are a member of the general public you can access the wireless network using "_The Cloud" in subscribing locations.
- "_The Cloud" is only available in subscribing locations.
- Some other locations offer a different service eg the Museums.
- Are you a member of IT Support staff?
Find out about ways of deploying wireless in your college or department and learn about available options in our ITSS wireless pages.
Wireless is available at the following locations.