'Windows Live' is a group of social software packages available from Microsoft. These include MSN messenger, photo sharing and a mail client called Windows Live Mail. This client can be configured for use with Nexus as follows:
- Once the program has been installed onto your machine, you need to open it from your start menu.
[ Windows Live]>
[Windows Live Mail]
- The first time you run the program it opens the
Add a new email accountdialogue box.
- Fill in the appropriate details for your Nexus email account. We recommend that you do not save your password so untick the
Remember Passwordcheckbox and press the
- A new box opens where you need to change some details and add others.
Change the dropdown option for
My incoming mail server isfrom
- In the
Incoming serverfield type
imap.nexus.ox.ac.uk. Tick the
This server requires a secure connection (SSL)checkbox. Check that the
Logon IDis set to your SSO account username. For the
Outgoing serverinformation type in
smtp.ox.ac.uk. You should also tick the
This server requires a secure connection (SSL)checkbox for the Outgoing server.
- Click on the
and then the
Finishbutton to complete the setup process.
- You will then see the Logon box if you have not saved your password in step 2. Complete the logon box and click
- You may see another warning box talking about certificate issues. Click
Show/hide IMAPwindow now opens and displays all of your folders on the server.
This screen allows you to pick which which folders you want to view in Windows Live Mail. they are all shown by default. If you want to hide any just select a folder name and click on the
Hidebutton to prevent it from displaying. You can show the folder again by simply selecting the folder name and clicking on the
- Once you have chosen which folders to show, click
OK. All of your email will be synced with Windows Live Mail client and you can now send and receive email.