Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition (known as Entourage Web Services or EWS) is a fully featured email and calendaring client for the Mac. The Web Services Edition is a rebuilt version of Entourage 2008 designed to offer performance and reliability improvements. This version also offers Mac users the ability to use the Global Address List (GAL) giving automatic access to all the University email addreses. (Access to the GAL is not available in Entourage 2008.)
If you are using Mac OS 10.6 you can use Oxford Nexus email, shared calendaring and address book facilities from your Mac via Snow Leopard's inbuilt Mail, iCal, and Address Book applications. If you are using Mac OS 10.5 or below it is strongly recommended that you install or upgrade to the Web Services Edition of Entourage 2008 to have the fullest experience of using Nexus on your Mac. To upgrade Entourage 2008 to the Web Services edition go to the Microsoft website.
This guide will tell you how to connect to Nexus using Entourage Web Services and offers an introduction to some of the functions.
- Installing Entourage, Web Services Edition
- Configuring Entourage Web Services for use with Nexus
- Nexus contacts/address book using Entourage Web Services
- Using Nexus calendars using Entourage Web Services
- Delegating access to email, calendar and other Nexus features
More Nexus resources and information:
- IT Services is running various introductory courses on Oxford Nexus. Please see the courses directory for times, dates and full course content information.
- More help