About the service
The IT/AV consultation service offers advice and guidance on equipping lecture rooms and teaching spaces with IT/AV equipment related to teaching and lecture capture.
The service is free to Oxford departments and colleges, and it offers advice - primarily to facilitate lecture capture - in the following areas:
- Audio technology - amplifiers, mixers, wireless and wired microphones, Dante (audio-over-Ethernet) technology.
- Video equipment - cameras including wall-mounted IP (cameras powered and controlled over a network) and PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom) cameras, capture formats, accessories including routing plates and tripods, cabling etc.
- Lighting and room layout - lighting advice to ensure excellent video quality, layout of whiteboards or blackboards, how to make best use of the space for lecture capture.
- Recommended AV equipment for lecture capture using Replay
- AV and IT guidance document download
- Training sessions on Replay
- How to set up any room for lecture capture
We are happy to discuss projects at an early stage. We can put you in touch with colleagues in departments across the University, using lecture capture, who may have a similar set-up.
Special Interest Groups and Events
We’re launching a few small initiatives regarding audiovisual (AV) support and a collaboration across the University. An AV SIG (special interest group), will be organised termly (or thereabouts) to discuss AV matters across the collegiate University. A dedicated AV mailing list has been set up at email@example.com. If you would like to subscribe then please send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full instructions can be found here: https://web.maillist.ox.ac.uk/ox/help/user#subscribe.
For more information please contact email@example.com for advice or to arrange a free consultation.