1. How to access the console of a VM hosted in the University private cloud
1. Upon successful log in to the portal, you will see four tabs below your organisation name on the top left corner (Home, My Cloud, Catalog and Administration). From the My Cloud tab, select VMs. This will display all VMs within your organisation to which you have access.
2. Click the icon to power on a virtual machine.
3. In the right pane, right-click the VM and select the Popout Console option. This will enable you to access the console of the virtual machine from within your Web browser.
4. You will then be prompted to install the VMware Remote Console (VMRC) plugin. Click OK to download the VMRC installer.
5. If necessary, double click on the executable (on 32-bit Windows systems, this is the file vmware-vmrc-win32-x86.exe) to commence the installation of the plugin.
6. Click Next to continue and run through the installation process. For example, on Windows:
Note that only a certain combination of browsers and operating systems are supported. The VMRC is not available for Apple operating systems, for example. For a full list of operating systems and browsers we have tested, see http://blogs.oucs.ox.ac.uk/oxcloud/2012/09/13/browser-support-for-vcloud-director-console/. You may also find that the console only displays when in full screen mode (click the icon at the top right corner of the screen to enable full screen mode). This has been seen when running later versions of Firefox (14+) on 64-bit Windows 7.
2. More Howtos: