Please note, this information is for phones still on the analogue or Cisco system. If you are not sure, dial 10888 from your phone. If the voice says you are using the Chorus telephony service, you need the instructions here: http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/chorus/voicemail-portal.
If you cannot access your phone and are not sure, call (2)88888 and the helpdesk will check for you.
If you can access your phone to edit your voicemail settings, you should use these instructions.
Changing your Personal Greeting
When callers are diverted to your voicemail box, they will hear the personal greeting before being prompted to leave a message.
- Dial 01865 282995
- Dial * and then your mailbox number and pin when requested (if you do not know your pin, ring (6)14999 to get it reset.
- Dial 3 to personalize your mailbox
- Dial 1 to review personal greetings
- Dial 2 to review your personal greeting recordings
- Dial 1 for your first personal greeting
- Listen to your message
- Dial 3 to re-record, press any key to finish the recording
- Dial 1 to save the recording or 3 to re-record
Changing your PIN
1. From the Main Menu, dial 3 to access the personalisation menu.
2. From the Personalisation/Auto-registration menu, dial 2 to access the PIN code menu.
*Please choose a memorable 6 digit-length strong PIN number - E.g. all one single digit like 444444 or consecutive digits forward or backwards like 123456, 3456789, 098765 or including the mailbox number itself will not be allowed*
If you know your pin, go to https://voicemail.telecoms.ox.ac.uk and change your pin using the Pin Management menu.
What to do if you do not remember your pin
If you have set a pin at some point but do not remember it, you must contact the Telecoms Helpdesk (email or 14999) and ask for a temporary pin.
After you have configured the basics for voicemail, you will then need to place the appropriate diversions on to voicemail, otherwise you will not receive messages in your new mailbox.
If you have access to your phone, you can set it following the steps here: http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/telecom/voicemail/vmquickstart
If you do not have access to your phone, please send in an email to email@example.com.