- Overview of OSMO for Android
- Registering your Chorus account
- Installing the Android OSMO app
- Screen overview
- Mode of operation
- Answering a call
- Routing calls between Wi-Fi and mobile
- Making a call
- Using contacts or journals list
- During a call
- Retrieving voicemail
- Manage online presence (visibility)
- Selecting preferred device
- Initiating an ad-hoc conference
- Join / start a conference
Overview of OSMO for Android
The OSMO (Openscape Mobile) on the Android allows you to access the chorus features using your iPhone on a wireless connection. You can make and receive calls, access voicemail and change settings such as the preferred device.
Registering your Chorus account
Before installing the App you will first need to register your Chorus account to create a password. This is not the same as the voicemail password.
Note: if you are a soft phone user, you will have already done this and can use the same log in details in OSMO.
To register your Chorus account:
2. Enter a password, taking care to follow the guidance on passwords displayed on the page.
3. Click Submit.
Installing the Android OSMO app
1. Download OpenScape Mobile from Google Play.
2. Tap on the OpenScape Mobile download installed notification (or open from the Home screen or Apps/Widgets tab)
3. Read and accept both EULA and emergency call disclaimers.
4. Enter your Chorus credentials:
a. Subscriber: your SSO ID plus '-sip' (e.g. 'ouit1234-sip').
b. Server Address: https://mobile.chorus.ox.ac.uk
c. Password: The Chorus password you set when registering your Chorus account (see Registering your Chorus account).
5. Then tap Save. OpenScape Mobile is on.
6. Add the OpenScape Mobile widget and icon to a Home screen.
Mode of operation
Mode of operation is indicated by the status LED in the notification bar:
Wi-Fi mode. Calls made over Wi-Fi.
Callback Mode. Server calls back on your mobile phone. Your mobile number is not exposed to the caller.
Registration has failed or the servers are not reachable.
To switch on Wi-Fi, tap the On icon on the widget.
Answering a call
Referring to the icons above from left to right:
- Tap Desk to send the call to your desk phone.
- Tap Voicemail to send the call to voicemail.
- Tap Cell to send call to mobile phone.
Routing calls between Wi-Fi and mobile
1. Tap Settings on the widget.
2. Switch on Route Calls To Cell to route calls to mobile when not reachable over Wi-Fi.
Making a personal call
In order to ensure that personal calls are routed via your carrier rather than the university, ensure that the 'Enable Native Dialpad' option is unticked:
Using contacts or journals List
1. Tap Journal; or Contacts then All Contacts or Find Contact to search for a contact.
2. Select the contact and tap Call/Handset icon.
3. Select which device to use, and tap Handset icon.
During a call
- To use a Bluetooth Device, tap the Airplay icon.
- To transfer or hold a call tap More, then tap Transfer or Hold. (Start Bluetooth allows connection to the headset.)
- To move a call from one device to another, tap Move and select Wi-Fi Phone, Cell Phone, Desk Phone, other targets (remembers the last used target) or More (to select from other choices).
1. Tap the Voicemail icon.
Managing online presence (visibility)
1. Tap Presence.
2. Select the status you want others to see such as ‘Available’, ‘Be Right Back’ or ‘In a meeting’.
3. You can also add timezone details, if required.
Selecting preferred device
1. Tap Devices.
Initiating an ad-hoc conference
For more information on ad-hoc conferences, see Overview of teleconferencing
1. Tap Conferences then Start Ad Hoc Conference.
2. Select participants and tap Start Conference.
Join/start a conference
1. To start a conference, tap Conference and select required entry.