- Overview of OSMO for iPhone
- Registering your Chorus account
- Installing the Chorus OSMO client app
- Screen Overview
- Mode of operation
- Answering a Call
- Routing Calls between Wi-Fi and Mobile
- Making a Call
- During a call
- Retrieving Voice Mail
- Managing Online Presence (visibility)
- Selecting Preferred Device
- Initiating an Ad-hoc Conference
- Join/Start a Conference
Overview of OSMO for iPhone
The OSMO (Openscape Mobile) on the iPhone allows you to access the chorus features using your iPhone on a wireless connection. You can make and receive calls, access voicemail and change settings such as the preferred device.
Registering your Chorus account
Before installing the App you will first need to register your Chorus account to create a password. This is not the same as the voicemail password.
Note: if you are a soft phone user, you will have already done this and can use the same log in details in OSMO.
To register your Chorus account:
2. Enter a password, taking care to follow the guidance on passwords displayed on the page.
3. Click Submit.
Installing the Chorus OSMO Client app
1. Download OpenScape Mobile from the App Store.
2. Tap the OpenScape icon.
3. Accept EULA and emergency call disclaimer.
4. Go to the app's 'Settings' (bottom right, cog icon) and from the Settings menu options, click on 'Account'
5. Enter your Chorus credentials:
a. Subscriber: your SSO ID plus '-sip' (e.g. 'ouit1234-sip').
b. Server Address: https://mobile.chorus.ox.ac.uk
c. Password: The Chorus password you set when registering your Chorus account (see Registering your Chorus account).
d. Cellular Number: (optional) This is your mobile number entered in the format +447xxxxxxxxx. If you do not enter it, you will be able to make calls over wifi, but not using your mobile phone number.
6. Tap Save. OpenScape Mobile is on.
Mode of operation
Mode of operation is indicated by the status LED in the notification bar:
Wi-Fi mode. Calls made over Wi-Fi.
Callback Mode. Server calls back on your mobile phone. Your mobile number is not exposed to the caller.
Registration has failed or the servers are not reachable.
To switch on Wi-Fi (this will allow you to use the OSMO service):
1. Tap the expand menu icon.
2. Switch the Wi-Fi Mode on.
3. Tap the collapse menu icon to hide screen.
Answering a Call
Referring to the icons above from left to right:
- Tap Desk to send the call to your desk phone (if you have one, otherwise it will send the call to your soft phone).
- Tap Cell to send call to mobile phone.
- Tap Voicemail to send the call to voicemail.
- Tap Decline to reject the call – the caller will be redirected to Voice Mail
Routing Calls between Wi-Fi and Mobile
1. Tap the Settings icon.
2. Switch on Route Calls To Cell to route calls to mobile when not reachable over Wi-Fi.
Making a Call
1. Select contact or enter number:
- Enter the number using the keypad.
- Tap Recents to select from the recently called list.
- Tap Contacts to select from the Directory or Contacts list.
2. Tap the phone number to Call.
3. Select whether to make the call using OSMO or another device.
During a call
To use a Bluetooth Device, tap the Airplay icon.
To transfer or hold a call tap More, then tap Transfer or Hold. (Start Bluetooth allows connection to the headset.)
To move a call from one device to another, tap Move and select Wi-Fi Phone, Cell Phone, Desk Phone, other targets (remembers the last used target) or More (to select from other choices).
Retrieving Voice Mail
A Voicemail alert icon displays if you have unheard voicemail messages.
- Tap the expand menu icon.
- Tap Call to get voicemail.
Managing Online Presence (visibility)
- Tap More or the shortcut.
- Tap Own Status.
- Select the status you want others to see such as ‘Available’, ‘Be Right Back’ or ‘In A Meeting’.
Selecting Preferred Device
- Tap More or the shortcut.
- Tap Devices.
- Select preferred device
Note: We do not recommend Auto-pilot as the functionality is currently limited. A later release of the software will include improved functionality.
Initiating an Ad-hoc Conference
An ad-hoc conference is simply a way of dialling and talking with more than one person at the same time. For more information on ad-hoc conferences, see Dialling multiple people / Ad hoc conference.
- Tap Contacts then OpenScape Contacts.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap Start Contact Conference.
- Select conference participants from pop-up list.
- Tap Start.
Join/Start a Conference
For more information on conferences, see Overview of teleconferencing
- Tap More > Conference.
- Select the required entry and choose Start Conference.