- Methods of using of the phone
- Making a call
- Redial last dialled number
- Answering a call in hands-free or headset modes
- Ending a call
- Hold or retrieve a call
- Using mute during a call
- Deflecting an incoming call while ringing
- Transfer a call
- Call Log
- Dial from the call log
- Clearing the Missed Call indicator
- Locking the phone
- Unlocking the phone
- Storing contacts on a 35G
- Storing contacts on a 55G or 60
- Short codes used on deskphones
- Call forwarding on your desk phone
- DSS Keys
Handset mode: standard way of using the phone.
Hands-free mode: calls are played through the phone’s speakers.
Headset mode: An optional headset can be used.
Where appropriate, the following instructions will cover each method.
Your phone works in the usual way, however pressing OK after entering the number will result in the phone immediately placing the call. If you do not press OK, the call will be placed after a short delay.
- Handset mode: Dial number and lift handset.
- Alternative handset mode: Lift handset, dial number and press OK.
- Hands-free mode: Press Speaker button. Dial number, press OK.
- Headset mode: Press Headset button. Dial number, press OK.
- Handset mode: Lift handset and press OK.
- Hands-free mode: Press Speaker button, press OK.
- Headset mode: Press Headset button, press OK.
- Hands-free mode: Press Speaker button or OK.
- Headset mode: Press Headset button or OK.
- Handset mode: Replace handset.
- Hands-free mode: Press Speaker button.
- Headset mode: Press Headset button.
- During a call press Hold.
- To retrieve a call: press Hold again.
- Press Mute and the LED lights to show all microphones are muted.
- Press Mute again to un-mute.
- As the phone is ringing, use the up and down keys until the display shows ‘Deflect’
- Enter the extension number you wish to send the call to.
- Press OK.
The call will now ring on the selected extension.
- During a call with party A, press Transfer button.
- Enter the phone number of party B and press OK.
- press Transfer button while party B is ringing or
- wait for party B to answer, announce the call and then press Transfer button.
When you receive a call, it is added to the call log.
- Lift handset and press Messages.
- Use the Up and Down keys to display Call log and press OK.
- Use the Up and Down keys to select Missed, Dialled, Received, or Forwarded calls.
- Press OK.
- Select the desired entry and press OK.
When you miss a call the phone display will show and the number of calls that have been added. To clear this indicator:
- Press Messages.
- Press Messages again.
- The Missed Call indicator will clear from the phone display.
- Press and hold the # key.
- Press OK to confirm the lock.
- Press OK (35G) or press the button below the display to unlock the phone.
- Enter the password 123456 when prompted. If you wish to have a different password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a support request
- Press Settings
- You will see Personal? Press OK.
- If you have already put in contacts, you will see the list here. Scroll down till you see New Contact? and press OK.
- You will see Last Name =
- Press OK and fill in the details, continue till you have completed First Name and Number.
- Choose Save and Exit to complete.
- Press Directory on the right
- Press the New Contact button at the bottom of the screen
- Fill in the details
- Press the Save and Exit button at the bottom of the screen.
DSS keys are used to monitor other people's lines. This is the preferred option for Manager/Assistant setups, and is similar to a BLF or 'Busy Lamp Field'.
In this example extension 19270 is the primary line on the phone, and has a DSS key of 88667.
1. Whenever a device has a DSS key, it will also have to have a primary line key (Labelled 'My Line')
In figure A below, 19270 (My Line) is the primary line and 88667 is the DSS key.
When 19270 is called, the key labelled 'My Line' will flash. Pick up the receiver to take the call.
When 88667 is called, the key labelled '88667' will flash. Press the button to pick up the call.
If the person on 88667 has picked up the call, the light will be steady.
If the light is not flashing or lit, press 88667 to ring 88667 (It works like a speed dial).
Line keys are used when you want to make calls as that extension number.
In this example extension 19270 is the primary line on the phone, and has an additional line key of 88667.
1. Whenever a device has a additional line key, it will also have to have a primary line key (Labelled 'My Line')
In figure B below, 19270 (My Line) is the primary line and 88667 is the additional line key.
To call as 19270, pick up the receiver and dial, as it is the primary line.
To call as 88667, press the 88667 button and dial.
The key will light up when you are on a call.
When 88667 is called, if you press the button, you will take the call on that line. You cannot transfer it to another phone, unless you transfer it to 19270 and then back to 88667.