These Frequently Asked Questions are for ITSS. If you have a general technical support question, please view the FAQ here or contact the IT Service Desk by emailing email@example.com to raise a support request or call (01865 6) 12345.
New and migrating equipment
Please note, these FAQs relate to Chorus only. If you are not sure whether a number is on Chorus, dial 10888. If the message mentions Chorus, then the phone is on Chorus.
- I need to purchase new phones - which ones should I consider?
- You should purchase phones listed on the Supported Devices page as they are the only ones supported.
- Will existing Cisco VoIP phones work on Chorus?
- No. Physical desk phones will need to be replaced with new Chorus equipment.
- Will existing DECT phones work on Chorus?
- DECT phones will need an additional SIP base station to work with Chorus, but it is possible to configure handsets themselves to connect to such a base station, assuming they are using the DECT standard.
- How will fax machines work on Chorus?
- Please see information here about analogue devices.
- What about PDQ terminals and other devices that need to be PCI-DSS compliant?
- Please see information here about PDQ machines.
- Is is possible to have a phone that automatically dials a specified number, such as a reception phone or assistance line?
- Yes, this is called a hotdial number. If you want the call to go to a number if the caller does not call a number in a specified time, this is a warmdial number. Please email the helpdesk to request.