This guide is for Windows computers that are managed by local IT support staff or self-managed.
If you are using a Managed Staff Desktop (CONNECT) from IT Services then please read Getting Started with Chorus on the Managed Staff Desktop (CONNECT).
1. Set up a Chorus password and PIN
- Before installing Chorus, you need to set a Chorus password and PIN.
- Visit the registration page at https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/chorus_password and follow the instructions to create your password and voicemail PIN.
- Take note of your OpenScape username as well. This is in the format SSO-sip.
2. Install the Unify OpenScape software
- If Microsoft Outlook is open, close it before continuing.
- Visit https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/software in your web browser, authenticate with your Oxford SSO credentials. You must be on the Oxford University network to access this page: if you're on Eduroam or are working outside the University, visit this page for information on VPN connections.
- Go to the Windows section of the page and download the installer. It is compatible with all versions of Windows 7 and 8.1.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the instructions to install OpenScape.
- When prompted, enter your UC credentials. These are:
UC account – your OpenScape username from Step 1.
UC password – your Chorus password, as set in Step 1.
Click ‘Next’. You will be notified when the installer completes.
3. Connect to Chorus
- Run the OpenScape Desktop Client from your Start menu or the desktop shortcut. You should be logged in without having to enter credentials.
- If you are prompted for login credentials, use the UC username and password you configured in step 1.
- When the login process is complete, you will be able to use your soft phone.
- If you're still having trouble, please log an incident by emailing email@example.com