Accounts need to be set up, all admins and users should have their own sign on and should not share passwords/ sign ons with other people.
There are two types of sign on accounts and there are also contacts (global and personal).
- Admin accounts; are used to set up users, delete users and reset passwords for users, they are also able to set up “global contacts” and “global templates” which can be used by any User in the department. This type of account cannot send messages, it is a managing account.
- User Accounts; can create personal templates and send out messages, but cannot reset any sign in information. Users can set up / delete “personal contacts” and use “global contacts”. You do not need a user account to receive messages.
- Contacts; cannot actively log into the service, they receive messages via mobile number and they can only reply to texts if the department has an inbound messaging service set up.
Please see details below for how to send messages from a User accounts;
Browse to www.oxsms.co.uk and you will see this page, sign in with your User credentials:
Setting up new contacts (these will appear on your Quick Contacts Selection)
Contacts can be set up as global or personal contacts;
- Global contacts are set up by department admins for all of the users in the department.
- Personal contacts are set up by each user and only accessible to them.
Click on the tab which says MESSAGES and the below box will appear.
- Here you can select templates or create a new message.
- Select to send to individual contacts under the Quick Contacts Selection or select a Group.
- Send out CSV or XLSX file attachments.
- You can also set your message to send out at a specific time in advance or instantly.
When your done just press send.
You can also send messages via EMAIL if it is enabled.
As shown below:
Open up an email as normal. Put your contacts phone number in (mobilenumber)@oxsms.co.uk
The message is restricted to the subject line only!
Anything put in other fields will not be sent.
And just press send when you are done.