The staff directory only shows extensions associated with Staff (users whose phone number is linked to their SSO account), whose directory status is set to 'public'.
This will not show extensions associated with role-based phones.
1. Go to: http://www.ox.ac.uk/staff
2. Enter the surname in the search box
3. Enter the initial
4. Click on the 'PHONE NUMBERS' button
This will display staff members matching the search criteria
The Chorus directory shows extensions associated with Staff and role-based phones, with a directory status set to 'public' or 'University only'
1. Go to the web-client (This is only available to users with a Chorus login)
2. Enter the search criteria (in this case searching for the Lamarr meeting room), and click on 'Search directory for....'
3. This will return any entries matching the search criteria:
4. Clicking on the entry will expand the details and show any additional information (e.g. an email address)
In this case as it is a meeting room, only the contact number is detailed:
The Global Address List (or sometimes referred to as "GAL") is an address book of email addresses, often telephone numbers and more, visible to all Oxford Nexus users
This example is using the Outlook 2016 email client.
1. Click on the 'Address Book' icon on the ribbon
2. Enter the search criteria
3. This will show the contact number under the column 'Business phone':
Finding numbers in the telephone corporate directory
The Corporate directory on a telephone is a way of searching for Staff contacts on the Unify desk phones.
1. Press the Settings button:
2. Use the central up/down arrow to navigate to 'Corporate', then press the 'OK' button on the phone:
3. Using the letters on the number keys, enter the search criteria:
4. The full name to search does not need to be entered, and the directory will be searched without having to press 'OK' on the phone.
Use the central up/down arrows to select the requested entry from the search results:
5. At this point if the 'OK' button is pressed and then using the central up/down arrow keys, you can navigate through options to call the contact or look at the contact detail if required:
Please note that the IP35 menu system is circular and will return to the last place in the menu structure visited, so you may need to use a combination of the 'back' button and central up/down arrow keys to get to the requested menu place.
1. Press the 'Directory' button:
2.Using the letters on the number keys, enter the search criteria. The full name to search does not need to be entered, and the directory will be searched without having to press 'OK' on the phone.
3. At this point the contact can be dialled or contact detail viewed using the buttons directly beneath the relevant screen label: