- Universal Failure
- SIP Service Not Connected
- Unfamiliar SSO login screen
- Chat function not working
- Uninstall from Mac
- Uninstall from Linux
- Jitsi client hangs on loading
- OpenScape WE Windows Desktop Client - Perform a full profile reset by...
- Close OpenScape (right click on Chorus icon in system tray, and close OpenScape at the bottom)
- Go to register.it.ox.ac.uk and change your Chorus password and wait approximately 10 minutes before proceeding.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Unify > Tools
- Run the OpenScape Profile Reset tool in that folder, which will prompt you to enter the new password (note: the password needs to be new).
- Open the OpenScape software
- OpenScape Web client – Ensure audio device is configured:
- Check that an audio device is connected to the PC/Laptop.
- Ensure that the audio device is configured and drivers have been installed.
- OpenScape (Apple) OSX Chorus client profile reset
- Open the Chorus software Preferences > Security > Password > Saved Passwords and delete both the provisioning and OpenScape entries.
- Close Chorus software.
- Change your Chorus password online at register.it.ox.ac.uk, then wait 10 minutes.
- Open the Terminal application (Command + Space – then type Terminal)
- Type in the following command:
rm –r /Users/xxx/Library/Caches/Chorus
- Re-open Chorus, and login with the new password.
SIP symbol with red X through it:
- Check the Audio Device settings (via the System Tray icon), as the SIP Service will not connect if there is no valid headset/softphone device available. Correctly configured devices will appear in green.
Not accepting normal login details - This issue has occurred with the OpenScape WE desktop client on Windows PCs:
- Restart OpenScape client by closing it from System Tray.
- Refresh login screen using F5 key
Partner constantly showing as ‘has left the conversation’ or messages not being received:
- Issue affecting only OpenScape WE desktop client and web client.
- Both parties should refresh their contact info in OpenScape. This is done by selecting the contact, and clicking the Refresh Icon that appears next to the contact name.
Jitsi client hangs on loading
The jitsi client hangs on loading, displaying 'NimbuzzAvatars'. This is a Java issue.
To rectify, follow the steps below:
1. From the terminal, type the command:
sudo update-alternatives --config java
2. Select the correct Java version from the list presented
3. Restart Jitsi
If users are still experiencing installation issues on a Mac (e.g. sip errors) after following troubleshooting steps, it is worth resetting the Chorus OpenScape password in the self registration page, and then re-installing.
(If the password has been changed and the user has a windows client, please ask the user to reset the windows client with the new password)
Before reinstalling, if the application is uninstalled without clearing everything, historic application settings may be retained making the re-install fail so a 'complete uninstall' is required:
1. The uninstall cannot be started if the application is open so Quit this from the top system tray:
2. Go to 'Finder' (very far left in bottom system tray) and open 'Applications' then drag the Jitsi icon to the bin:
3. Find the config settings in the hidden 'Library' folder. Click on 'Go' from the top menu:
3.1 Hold down the 'Alt' key and this will show a folder called 'Library' (not visible below). Click on the folder to open.
4. Open 'Application Support' folder (within the Library folder)
5. Locate the 'Jitsi' folder (within the Application support folder) and drag the folder to the bin:
6. Empty the bin to complete the uninstall.
- Use a package manager of your choice to complety uninstall Jitsi.
- If uninstalling using the terminal, the Jitsi folder to remove can be found with the command: