- Overview of the Chorus web portal
- Opening the Chorus web portal
- Navigating the Chorus web portal
- Accessing communication options
- Placing a call
- Other communication options
- Using the action bar
- The Voicemail Portal
Your Chorus telephone will allow you to:
- Make and receive calls.
- Access voicemails using the telephone.
In addition to these, Chorus offers a range of functions that are accessed via the web portal. These include:
- Call history.
- Directory and contacts.
- Voicemail (voicemails displayed in a list with caller details where known).
- Preferred devices.
1. Go to https://web.chorus.ox.ac.uk/
TIP: You may find it useful to bookmark this page.
2. Sign in using your University Single Sign On (SSO) credentials.
- Call history tab (see Call history guidance page).
- Voicemail tab (see Voicemail via web portal guidance page).
- Conferencing tab (see Teleconferencing guidance page).
- Tab area – displays the contents of the selected tab.
- Action bar.
- Contacts pane / directory (see Contacts and directory guidance page).
- This button minimises / maximises the contacts pane.
- Search box.
One of the key features of the Chorus web portal is that it allows you quick access to a set of communication options for a displayed telephone number or contact.
1. Hover the mouse over one of the following:
- An entry in call history.
- An entry in the voicemail list.
- The result of a directory search.
- An entry in the contact list.
This will bring up a set of buttons as shown below:
- Access the communication options (see Accessing Communication Options)
- Click on the telephone button to place a call to the relevant phone number or contact. The call will be placed using your preferred device.
1. Access the communication options (see Accessing Communication Options)
2. Click on the Communication Options button to display a list of available communication options. This will vary slightly depending on which view you are in; a typical set of options is shown below.
Call Work Phone – will place a call to the relevant phone number or contact.
Email Work – opens an Outlook email window with the email address prepopulated (this option is only available where the entry is a Chorus user or the email address has been manually entered into the contacts list with a telephone number).
Chat – initiates a chat session with that number (Chorus users only).
Start Web Collaboration – see separate page on web collaboration.
Notify when available - this allows you to receive an alert when a user is next available.
The action bar is used to perform actions, such as calling, sending an instant message, or sending an email, to more than one person at the same time.
To add people to the action bar:
- Locate the required person in the contact list or directory search.
- Hover over the name until the communication option buttons appear on the right hand side:
- Click on the button.
- Their name will be added to the action bar at the top of the Chorus window:
- To call everyone in the action bar at once, click the button.
- To access further communication options, click the button.
- Create a conference: Creates a Persistent Conference for your Action Group. See link to conference page
- Chat with Group: Creates an Instant Message to your Action Group. See link to instant messaging page
- E-Mail Group: Creates a New Email in Outlook to your Action Group.
- Add to Group: Adds the members of your Action Group to one of your existing Groups. See contacts and directory page
- + New Group: Creates a new Group for the members of your Action Group. See contacts and directory page
- Locate voicemail in web portal
- Listen to voicemail in the web portal
- View details of callers
- Delete voicemails from the web portal
Locate voicemail in the web portal
To navigate to the Voicemail tab in the web portal:
1. Click the icon at the top left of the screen. If you have new voicemail entries, this will be indicated as a green number above this icon .
2. A list of your received voicemails will be shown.
Listen to voicemail via the web portal
1. To play back your voicemail, click the play button on the entry – this will play through the speakers of your PC / laptop.
TIP: To play a voicemail through the phone rather than through the computer speakers:
1. Click on the communication options button .
2. Choose ‘Play on Phone’ from the communication options list.
View details of callers
You can view full contact details from the voicemail tab by clicking on the name in the entry.
Delete/Clear All Entries from Voicemail
To delete a single entry from your voicemail:
1. Hover over the entry until a ‘x’ appears on the left-hand side of the entry.
2. Click on the ‘x’ to delete the entry.
To delete all voicemail:
1. Click the ‘Clear all’ button in the top-right hand corner of the Voicemail Tab
2. Confirm at the dialogue box.