In order to be able to connect to the IT Services VPN service::
- You must first have created a Remote Access account via our Self Registration page.
- Your device must be connected to the internet.
- Visit our software downloads and select VPN Client from the list
- You will be asked to register before downloading the VPN client for the first time - complete the form and submit it
- Click on the download for your version of Windows
- Download and Run/Open the installer file
- Click through the screens to complete the installation
Connecting to VPN
Follow these instructions each time you want to connect to the VPN.
- Start Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client program
- The first time you connect, enter vpn.ox.ac.uk into the dropdown box
- Click Connect
- When prompted enter your Remote Access account details (this is the same as your Oxford / SSO username but usually has a different password) and click OK
Disconnecting from VPN
Follow these instructions when you have finished using the VPN. You might not be able to connect to other devices on your wireless network (e.g. home assistants including Alexa and Google Assistant, or media devices) until you have done this.
- Right-click on the VPN icon in the System Tray
- Select Disconnect