Arrangements are in place to allow permanent OUP staff to attend IT Learning Centre courses. The cost to attend an IT Learning Centre course will need to be covered by your department at OUP. OUP no longer funds this training centrally.
2) The IT Learning Centre will email you a full course description and details of dates and availability. We will usually reply to your enquiry within 2 working days.
3) To book a place you will be asked to complete an online booking request form and to pay by card via the University's online store. Note: we can only accept payment by card.
4) The IT Learning Centre will email you to confirm your place.
IT Learning Centre courses are open to all members of the University, so places can go quickly. Submitting the booking request form does not guarantee you a place; please wait for a confirmation email.
If a course is full you can join a waiting list. You will be contacted by email if a place becomes available.
Preparing for a course
Use of Lynda.com - for some courses you will be emailed with pre-course activities. Normally, these will take you to a playlist in Lynda.com. OUP has its own licence for Lynda.com which can be accessed on the Oxford People portal.
Attending a course
- Unless otherwise stated, courses are held in The Thames Suite at Oxford University IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford, OX2 6NN. You will be advised of the specific room when you register on the day.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the advertised start time. This will ensure you have sufficient time to register and to take your place.
- Courses start promptly at the advertised time. You will not be able to join the course if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- If you are unable to stay for the duration of the course please discuss this with the teacher.
- Refreshments are not usually provided unless stated. There is a refreshment area close to the lecture rooms where there are vending machines for hot and cold drinks and snacks. Please note: no eating or drinking is permitted in the lecture rooms, but you may eat your own food in the refreshment area.
Please tell us at the time of booking if you have any accessibility requirements.
Record of Attendance
A certificate of attendance will be emailed to you after the course. The certificate can be used as part of any portfolio you are building as a record of your skills development.
An online course evaluation form will be sent to you after the course.
Contacting the IT Learning Centre
If you have any queries about the IT Learning Centre please contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com or calling (2)73200 (select option 2). Our Office is normally open from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.