If you no longer require the use of the TSM backup service then we request that you deregister the node(s) that you no longer need to back up, and then also ensure that the TSM client software is no longer installed on the appropriate machine(s). You might be deregistering a node because:
- You are leaving Oxford University.
- You are upgrading to a new machine and no longer wish to back up the old one.
- You no longer need to back a machine up.
1. Deregistration Process
- Go to the HFS Portal
- Select the node you wish to deregister
- In the Actions... menu on the left hand side select Deregister node
- Carefully read the information on the screen and click Proceed to confirm the deregistration
- You will shortly afterwards receive an automated email from the HFS Team confirming that this node will be deleted.
- Please now proceed to remove the TSM software from the machine - if you do not do this then it will continue to contact our servers, unsuccessfully trying to run scheduled backups.