- Launch Notepad
- Add the following line:
shutdown.exe -s -f -t 120 -c "Post TSM Backup Shutdown"
- Save the file to your desktop as myshutdown.bat
- Move myshutdown.bat to C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient
- Edit the C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt file with Notepad. If cannot edit the file, either run Notepad as an administrator or move dsm.opt to the desktop before editing it.
- Add the line:
PostNScheduleCmd '"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\myshutdown.bat"'
Save dsm.opt, if you moved it to the desktop then move it back to its original location.
Restart the device or restart the TSM scheduler.
The shut down will start 120 seconds after the scheduled backup completes, allowing the TSM scheduler to finish its session and sign off of the backup server with a success or failure code. Shortening the delay is not recommended.
Ensure that the device is not set to sleep before the shutdown request occurs.
In step 2, the shutdown command provided will:
- -t 120 wait 120 seconds
- -f force applications to close
- -c write a message to screen and the Event Log
- -s shutdown the device
The -f shutdown option will result in a loss of all unsaved data, so avoid leaving files and applications open overnight.
To disable the shutdown, edit C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt and remove the PostNScheduleCmd line.