This document contains brief details of installing and configuring the VPN client for iOS (installed as standard with version 2.0 of the firmware).
There are a number of requirements necessary in order to use the VPN service on an iPhone or iPod Touch; these are detailed below.
- Your device must be connected to the internet, either by wireless or 3G
- Your iOS device must have firmware version 2.0. To check this, go to
[Settings > General > About]and look at the
- You must have created a Remote Access account via the self registration pages.
- Members of Oxford University need to download a file containing the configuration information in order to setup their connection as described below.
2. Configuring the VPN Client
- Go to Settings > General and select VPN, then select Add VPN Configuration
- In the configuration menu, select IPSec and enter the following:
Description: IT SERVICES VPN
Account: Your SSO username with @OX.AC.UK [e.g. abcd1234@OX.AC.UK]
Password: Your "Remote Access" Account Password
Group Name: oxford
Secret: IPSec secret can be found on the configuration information page
Savethis configuration. You will be returned to the VPN screen, with your new configuration selected.
- You are now connected to IT Services VPN. You should see a small 'VPN' symbol in the menu bar.
- To disconnect, simply go to
[Settings > VPN]and move the slider to