In order to be able to connect to the IT Services VPN service on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch:
- You must first have registered for a Remote Access account via our Self Registration page.
- Your device must be connected to the internet, over either wireless or your mobile data network.
Setting up the in-built VPN Client
Tap Settings > General > VPN
Select Add VPN Configuration...
Select IPSec and enter the following:
- Description: [e.g. IT SERVICES VPN]
- Server: vpn.ox.ac.uk
- Account: Your SSO username [e.g. abcd1234]
- Password: Your "Remote Access" Account Password
- Group Name: oxford [the word oxford has to be all lowercase]
- Secret: [the IPSec secret can be found on the Self Registration page]
You are now connected to the IT Services VPN service and you should see a small VPN symbol in the menu bar.
To disconnect, go to Settings > VPN and move the slider to OFF