IMPORTANT: We are currently in the process of moving the University’s centrally managed (Nexus) email and calendaring service to the cloud-based, Microsoft Office 365 service (Nexus365). If your account has been migrated you should now use the Nexus365 support pages where you will find help and advice on using the new service.
This shows you how to connect to your Nexus email and calendars on Android 7 and how to change your account settings.
Note: Instructions on how to set up and manage your account settings may vary depending on the model of your device.
Account Set Up
- Tap the app search/browse icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Add account.
- Tap Exchange.
- Enter your Single Sign-On (SSO) username followed by @nexus.ox.ac.uk (eg firstname.lastname@example.org) and tap NEXT.
- Enter your Single Sign-On (SSO) password and tap NEXT.
- You will see a screen listing your username, password, and the server name (nexus.ox.ac.uk). Click NEXT
- You will see a warning message. Tap OK.
You will see a message telling you that your account is being set up. You can rename the Account name if you wish.
You will be able to access your email from your device’s default mail app.
Change Account Settings
To change any of the default account settings, such as sync frequency or notifications, follow the first three steps of this guide which will take you to your device's Accounts section.
Note: Instructions on how to manage your account settings will vary depending on the model of your device.
- Tap Exchange.
- Tap Accounts settings.
- Tap the name of your account.
- This takes you to your account settings which will give you the option to change various settings; for example, scroll down to the Notifications settings to change whether you receive notifications when emails arrive.