- Does Skype work with FireFox?
- The simple answer is no. The Skype plugin in via a web browser i.e. OWA, is not compatible with FireFox.
- Can I use Skype for Business to talk to someone with (personal) Skype?
- Skype’ and ‘Skype for Business’ are two distinct Microsoft products. It is possible, but may require workarounds so that the Skype for Business user can talk to a Skype user.
- Can I dial into a Skype meeting?
- Unfortunately teleconferencing is not part of the O365 Education license that we have as part of our Microsoft Campus agreement. There is already an offering from IT service through the Chorus service for teleconferencing, further information is available here - https://help.it.ox.ac.uk/chorus/teleconferencing. There may be options for Neuxs365 Skype for Business and Chorus to be more closely integrated in the future.
- How can I get Skype for Business on a Mac to work with (personal) Skype?
- 1. Skype for Business and Skype for Mac MUST be upgraded to the latest version (16.20.90 and 220.127.116.11 respectively, at time of writing) 2. Skype for Mac adds the Skype for Business user (sso@OX.AC.UK), but does not try to send a message at this stage. 3. Skype for Business user checks the New Contacts tab, and finds the Skype for Mac user 4. Skype for Business user initiates a chat with the Skype for Mac user - this forces them to add the Skype for Mac ID as a contact. 5. The two accounts can now communicate with each other.
- Do alumni and retirees have access to Skype for Business at the University?
- No. Retired staff are provisioned with a Microsoft licence, giving them a Nexus365 mailbox (email and calendar) only.
- Why can't I communication with other organisations that use Skype for Business?
- We have chosen not to restrict access, but some organisations have put restrictions in place and so you will not be able to communicate with them though Skype for Business.
- Is it correct that Skype for Business will be replaced by Teams?
- Yes, the Microsoft Roadmap indicates that this is their intention at some point to improve the integration of the Office365 tools.
Skype for Business FAQs
Written by IT Services. Latest revision 4 January 2019