How to access Skype for Business
Skype for Business can be accessed in two ways.
- Via the client on your desktop.
- Via the web, through the Outlook Web App (OWA)
Skype for Business via the client
Using the Skype for Business client will give you the full Skype for Business functionality.
- On self-managed computers you can download it yourself directly from Microsoft.
- CONNECT Managed Desktop users have a download available in the Oxford Applications Installer
To sign into the desktop app you must first enter your Single Sign-On (SSO) username followed by @OX.AC.UK (please note the uppercase). For example, abcd1234@OX.AC.UK.
You will then be prompted to enter again your SSO username followed by @OX.AC.UK (please note the uppercase). For example, abcd1234@OX.AC.UK, followed by your SSO password.
Skype for Business via the browser
Skype for Business via the web is launched from within your Nexus365 Outlook Web App. Basic Skype for Business tasks can be performed from the navigation bar in Outlook.
The Microsoft website has more information on how to use Skype for Business from within Outlook on the web.
Please note that the web version of Skype for Business isn’t available through the Nexus365 launcher (the waffle). To find it:
- Log in to the web version of Outlook
- Go to the banner at the top of your Outlook screen
- Find the Skype for Business icon in the top right-hand corner
- Click on the icon and this will sign you in automatically to Skype for Business (web version)
Note: The web version of Skype for Business is not compatible with Firefox, so you’ll need to use another browser.
Tips for using Skype for Business
You may need a headset and webcam when using Skype for Business. Contact your local IT Support Staff for help with these.
To comply with the University’s data protection policy, please do NOT make recordings of meetings using Skype for Business.