It is simple and fast to use, and any member of the University can setup a folder that is immediately ready for exchanging files.
Note that Oxfile is not suitable for transferring sensitive information without additional encryption (eg PGP, password-protected zip files, etc).
The key features of this service are:
- It will accept files that are too large to send by email (up to 25GB);
- It can be used quickly and easily by any member of the University;
- It is self-tidying: files are automatically pruned after a (user-selected) fixed period;
- It can send out notification when files have been up/down loaded;
- Basic security (encrypted file transfer, server verification, and some user access control) is included by default
OxFile was launched in May 2011.