The University Web Search is the enterprise web search service for the greater University. The service is utilising the Funnelback search technology to facilitate improved site searching across the Oxford ox.ac.uk domain. This is the preferred method for providing University searching and internal searching within the university.
- The service is maintained and managed for the University by IT Services
- The service has been provisioned to be available 24 x 7 x 365
- 0900 - 1700 Mon- Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays and pre-defined holiday periods) - the service operates with full technical support
- All other times - the service operates without technical support. Automatic monitoring of the main service elements takes place, and informal arrangements exist for staff to be called, but no funding is provided to make this contractual.
As the overall Service Provider, IT Services may always be contacted by users about any aspect of the service.
The appliance is being maintained and managed for the University by IT Services. For support, please contact the IT Service Desk:
- Operating Hours: 0900 - 1700 Monday - Friday
- Contact Details: email@example.com or (01865 6) 12345
- Oxford documentation for using the University Web Search service
- The service is served here http://search.ox.ac.uk
- Funnelback: http://www.funnelback.com/
- Funnelback documentation: http://docs.funnelback.com/
Legacy Google Search Appliance (GSA) service
The Funnelback search service replaces the decommissioned GSA service. Support for GSA usage as of May 2015 will remain in place for the foreseeable future, but any new implementations of search, or updates to existing implementations, should implement recommended functionality as highlighted in the documentation.