Schedules run every night of the week. All Spectrum Protect nodes are given a 15 minute window on that night in which to run their weekly backup.
In order to find out your college/department's backup schedule window:
- Go to the HFS Portal.
- Select the node you wish to view the schedule for.
- The schedule information is shown on the Summary tab for the node.
- The listed Backup schedule displays the day your backups are due to run.
- If there is no mention of a backup schedule, you will need to add a backup schedule.
- Click on the button marked View scheduled backups to display the Scheduled Start time.
All overnight backups run between either 00:00-06:00 or 18:00-23:59 on the scheduled day. As an example, if your backup is scheduled for Wednesday morning, you will need to leave your machine on overnight from Tuesday.