About the service
The IT/AV consultation service offers advice and guidance on equipping lecture rooms and teaching spaces with IT/AV equipment related to teaching and lecture capture.
The service is free to Oxford departments and colleges, and it offers advice - primarily to facilitate lecture capture - in the following areas:
- Audio technology - amplifiers, mixers, wireless and wired microphones, Dante (audio-over-Ethernet) technology.
- Video equipment - cameras including wall-mounted IP (cameras powered and controlled over a network) and PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom) cameras, capture formats, accessories including routing plates and tripods, cabling etc.
- Lighting and room layout - lighting advice to ensure excellent video quality, layout of whiteboards or blackboards, how to make best use of the space for lecture capture.
- Recommended AV equipment for lecture capture using Replay
- AV and IT guidance document download
- Training sessions on Replay
- How to set up any room for lecture capture
We are happy to discuss projects at an early stage. We can put you in touch with colleagues in departments across the University, using lecture capture, who may have a similar set-up.
AV-IT Special Interest Groups and Events
The Educational Media service supports initiatives regarding audiovisual (AV) support and AV in teaching spaces at Oxford. An AV SIG (special interest group), meets termly (or thereabouts) to discuss AV matters across the collegiate University. Events are advertised through the IT Services email lists and also through the Oxford University AV discussion email list. This dedicated AV mailing list has been set up at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to subscribe then please send a blank email to email@example.com. Full subscription email instructions can be found here: https://web.maillist.ox.ac.uk/ox/help/user#subscribe.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice or to arrange a free consultation.