If you need help with your IT at Oxford then there are various sources available to you:
- Local IT support staff
- Department and college IT staff provide your first level of on-the-spot help. Links to local IT support pages are available for most colleges and departments.
- IT Services
- The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page answers many common problems and is organised into a categorised view. Also check the Status Page to see if there is a known problem with the service.
- Contact by phone (01865) 6 12345 to reach the Service Desk team 24/7.
Please have your University Card to hand. Account management services such as issuing rescue/activation codes and setting delegation rights are only possible during the core hours of 8:30 am to 5 pm weekdays. We will endeavor to fix your problem straight away, if we need to see you to resolve the issue, we will arrange a convenient appointment.
- Online via IT Self Service (SSO required)
- If you don't have an SSO you can email the Service Desk (link opens in your default mail client). Please include details such as the software being used and any error messages. You should never include passwords in a message.
Service Desk Services
Only current university members are eligible to use the Service Desk and your University Card is used as a means of identification. The Service Desk offers a range of user services including:
- Registration Issues (passwords, accounts etc)
- Hardware Repair Services
- Recovery Service for email and personal web pages
Guides and other resources
If you need troubleshooting guides or advice try the following links:
- Help Resources and Trouble-shooting Guides
- Trouble-shooting Personal Computer Systems
- Local College and Department Troubleshooting Resources
- What to do if you have a Sick Computer
Support for Users with Disabilities
Our IT courses are conducted in state of the art teaching rooms in Banbury Road. If you need anything specific in order to attend a course, please contact our IT Courses team in advance. If you need any of our resources in alternative formats please contact our Service Desk.
There is currently no content classified with this term.