1. Why remove the HFS backup client?
There are several reasons why you may need or wish to remove the TSM software from your machine, such as:
- You are leaving the university - the software is licensed and configured specifically for use within Oxford University only.
- You are having problems with TSM and so have been asked to remove and reinstall TSM.
- You are upgrading to a new machine and no longer wish to back up the old one.
- You no longer need to back a machine up.
2. Removing the HFS backup client using the uninstaller
If you are using TSM 184.108.40.206 or later, or IBM Spectrum Protect 220.127.116.11 or later on your Mac, an uninstaller is supplied within the the appropriate application folder.
3. Manually removing the HFS backup client
Note: You must be logged in to the Mac as an administrator to perform at least some of the steps below.
- If you have TSM running, first of all quit the program.
Stop the TSM Scheduler running: go
[TSM Tools for Administrators]and select either
[Stop the Client Acceptor Daemon]or
[Stop the Scheduler]. You will be prompted to enter your Mac's local administrator password.
Open a terminal window (via
[Terminal]) and enter the following commands:
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/uninstall.sh sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/tivoli sudo rm -rf /Library/ibm/gsk8 sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ibm.tivoli.dsmcad.plist sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/dsmsched.plist sudo pkgutil --forget com.ibm.gskit8.crypto sudo pkgutil --forget com.ibm.gskit8.ssl sudo pkgutil --forget com.ibm.tivoli.tsm.baclient sudo pkgutil --forget com.ibm.tivoli.tsm.baclientjava sudo pkgutil --forget hfs.tsm.opt
You will again be prompted for the local administrator password, but no characters will appear on screen as you type: type your password as usual and press
Additionally, you may want to remove the TSM configuration files - this is important to do if you need to change your TSM nodename. (On OS X 10.4.7 and later these files are
TSM.PWD; on earlier versions of Mac OS X they are
TSM System Preferences,
TSM User Preferencesand
TSM.PWD.) To remove them, enter the following command:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Tivoli\ Storage\ Manager
If you want to remove the TSM log files, run the following command:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Logs/tivoli