How to use this site
This site is a repository of help information for all staff and students across the University of Oxford, whether working in a technical role or a general user of IT Services.
How do I…?
Search or browse this site for ‘how to’ guides on a range of subjects from using Nexus email to information security. We have grouped some of the most popular items in the top menu bar.
Use the knowledge bank to find support documentation on the services and systems provided by IT Services. The left-hand navigation menu lists all the content by theme.
Still need help?
- 24/7 telephone assistance is available by calling (01865 2) 12345.
- Logging a support call on line http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/help/request
Pre-booked appointments are available between 08:30 and 16:00 Monday to Friday. We also have facility to use Remote Support Sessions which are often more convenient than a face-to-face appointment.
These options will be discussed when you make contact with us.
You can also get help from the IT support staff at your college or department (see below).
- If you need specialist business system support, you can also contact the appropriate support centre:
- Development and Alumni Relations System (DARS)
- Financial Systems Support Centre
- Using HRIS
- Student Systems Support Centre
- X5: research costing and pricing system
- Business Intelligence
Find out more about IT Services
Our IT Services website gives an overview of the IT Services department and how it can help colleagues around the University. It includes a service catalogue, plans and policies, plus news and events from around the department. http://www.it.ox.ac.uk
It also includes further sources of help:
- ‘Welcome to IT’ guide for new staff and students. http://www.it.ox.ac.uk/welcome