If eduroam is available at your location:
- Select the wireless network icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and select eduroam. Click Connect
- Provide your Oxford username in the format abcd1234@OX.AC.UK and remote access password
- At the Continue connecting? prompt, select Show certificate details
- If the server thumbprint is “8c f4 27 fd 79 0c 3a d1 66 06 8d e8 1e 57 ef bb 93 22 72 d4” then select Connect, otherwise do not connect and contact your local IT team to report a rouge network
If you are setting up eduroam elsewhere:
- Select the Windows Start menu > Settings > Network & Internet
- Select Network and Sharing Center > Set up a new connection or network > Manually connect to a wireless network
- Provide the following details:
|Start this connection automatically
- Select Change connection settings
- Select the Security tab > Settings > Configure...
- Ensure Automatically use my Windows log-on name and password (and domain if any) is not ticked
- Confirm all settings then select Close
If you have trouble connecting, follow the troubleshooting guide.