This document contains brief details of installing and configuring the VPN client for iOS (installed as standard with version 2.0 of the firmware).
There are a number of requirements necessary in order to use the VPN service on an iPhone or iPod Touch; these are detailed below.
- Your device must be connected to the internet, either by wireless or 3G
Your iOS device must have firmware version 2.0. To check this, go to
[Settings > General > About]and look at the
- You must have created a Remote Access account via the self registration pages.
- Members of Oxford University need to download a file containing the configuration information in order to setup their connection as described below.
2. Configuring the VPN Client
1. Go to Settings > General and select VPN, then select Add VPN Configuration
2. In the configuration menu, select IPSec and enter the following:
Description: IT SERVICES VPN
Account: Your Remote Access Account ID
Password: Your Remote Access Account Password
Group Name: oxford
Secret: Group password
The password information is provided in the configuration information downloaded from IT Services (see configuration link above).
Savethis configuration. You will be returned to the VPN screen, with your new configuration selected.
4. You are now connected to IT Services VPN. You should see a small 'VPN' symbol in the menu bar.
5. To disconnect, simply go to
[Settings > VPN] and move the slider to