You pay on line, in advance of a course
There is a charge for most IT Learning Centre classroom-based courses and workshops. Lynda.com courses are free.
Payment for courses must normally be made at the time of booking via the online course booking system (CoSy).
The cost to you will depend on your university status as listed on your University Card. Students and postgraduates will usually receive a 50% discount on the advertised price. The discounted price will show during the payment process.
There is no charge for Bodleian Libraries courses.
You can pay for courses in the following ways. We do not accept cash payments.
How to book and pay for a course:
- Card Payment
- Purchase Order
- Journal/Internal transfer
- Cheque Payments
- Payment after a course has been booked
- Terms and Conditions
We accept: Mastercard, Visa, and Maestro. We do not take American Express.
Card payment for courses must normally be made at the time of booking via our online booking system which is integrated with WorldPay.
In exceptional circumstances (e.g. you have offered a course place at very short) it is possible to make payment on the day using the card terminal at our Course Registration desk. You can choose between Chip and PIN (any amount) and contactless payment (if your card is enabled and up to a maximum of £30).
We can accept Purchase orders from Departments and Colleges in payment for your course. You can include multiple courses and several attendees on a single purchase order.
If you wish to pay by PO you must book your place using our online booking system. If you know the details you can add these at the time of booking in the Purchase Order box. Otherwise, please put "To follow" and send us the details as soon as you have them.
Please note the following:
- Purchase orders should be made out to IT Services, Central Administration, 16 Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2HY.
- It is helpful if you include "ITLC Courses" in the details so that our Finance Team can easily pass your PO to us.
- Please list the details on the Purchase Order. For example:
- ITLC Courses – Documents: Academic writing – managing your thesis 29 Nov, Jane Smith
- Presentations: Presentation design in academia, 7 Nov, Jane Smith and Tom Brown
- Please let us know the number of your Purchase Order in advance by emailing email@example.com
- If you are an Administrator who has a number of staff attending courses please contact us to discuss the best way to make the payment by Purchase Order.
You can pay for a course by Journal/Internal transfer.
If you wish to pay by Journal/Internal transfer you must book your place using our online booking system. If you know the details, you can add these at the time of booking in the Purchase Order box. Otherwise, please put "To follow" and send us the details once you have them.
Please email the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Journal payments will be initiated by IT Services on receipt of the information below. Please ensure that the journal is fully authorised prior to sending us details as the journal will be passed without seeking further approval. Details required are:
- Cost Centre
- Natural Account
- Activity code
We will also need the email address of a member of your Finance team to contact in case of queries.
For each journal payment we will need details of the courses it covers, for example:
- ITLC Courses – Data management: Databases – building a database 31 Oct, Jane Smith £30.00
- Digital media: Thinking and using an image 8 Nov, Jane Smith and Tom Brown £20.00
If you are unable to pay by card, purchase order or journal we can accept cheques in certain circumstances; please contact email@example.com if you would like to pay by cheque.
In some circumstances you will need to pay for your course after you have booked it, for example if you were on a waiting list and then offered a place. Our short video below will explain how to make a payment.
In order to pay via credit/debit card please follow these instructions:
(If you are not logged in you will need your Oxford Single Sign-on). This will take you to the payments page where you can view your outstanding orders.
To check your order, click on the action button at the right hand side of the line to display a summary of the order, click View Your Order
If this is correct you can make your payment.
Close “Your Order Viewer”, click on the action button at the right hand side of the line and click the "Make Payment" option
This will take you to the WorldPay payment site where you will be able to make your card payment
Please see our terms and conditions for more details about payments and our refund policy.