If you no longer require the use of the HFS Spectrum Protect backup service then we request that you deregister the nodes that you no longer need to back up, and then also ensure that the Spectrum Protect client software is no longer installed on the appropriate machines.
You might be deregistering a node because:
- You are leaving Oxford University.
- You are upgrading to a new machine and no longer wish to back up the old one.
- You no longer need to back a machine up.
- Go to the HFS Backup Services Portal.
- Click on the name of the node which you wish to deregister.
- In the menu on the left-hand side, select Deregister node.
- Carefully read the information on the screen and click Proceed to confirm the deregistration.
- You will shortly afterwards receive an automated email confirming that this node will be deleted.
- Please now proceed to remove the Spectrum Protect software from the machine. If you do not do this then it will continue to contact our servers, unsuccessfully trying to run scheduled backups.
Frequently Asked Questions