1. Registering for the backup service
Before you can use the HFS backup service you must first register your desktop/laptop/server with the service. You will also need to meet the following criteria:
- Be an Oxford University staff member or postgraduate with an Oxford (Single Sign-On) username and password.
- Have a desktop/laptop/server with an operating system that is supported by our backup software.
- Have read and understood the acceptable use guidelines.
2. Registration process
- Go to the HFS Portal
- Select Register new node from the Actions menu on the left hand side
- You will be taken through the steps necessary to register a new node. For full details see the page on registering a new node in the HFS Portal.
- What now?- Now that you have successfully registered a node with the backup service, please proceed to the instructions on download backup client software and then onto installing the backup software onto your machine.
3. Registration - Frequently Asked Questions
Registration FAQs (See all FAQs)
- Who can register for the backup service?
- I am an Oxford University undergraduate student - can I register for the backup service?
- Which type of account should I register for?
- What is a TSM nodename?
- Can I register a Windows 2000 client for backup?
- How do I change the owner and/or contact of a registered TSM node?