Registering for the HFS Spectrum Protect backup service
How to register your device with the service
Register for the HFS Spectrum Protect backup service
Before you can use the HFS Spectrum Protect backup service you must first register your desktop computer, laptop or server with the service.
To do this you must also:
- be an Oxford University staff member or postgraduate with an Oxford SSO username and password.
- have a desktop computer, laptop or server with an operating system that is supported by our backup software.
- have read and understood the acceptable use guidelines.
- Go to the HFS Backup Services Portal
- Select Register new node from the menu on the left hand side
- You will be taken through the steps necessary to register a new node
- Proceed to the instructions on installing the HFS backup client software
Frequently asked questions
If you cannot find the solution you need here then we have other ways to get IT support