Before you can connect to eduroam Wi-Fi you need to have a Remote Access username and password. You can set this up at: https://register.it.ox.ac.uk/self/index. Your remote access account is not the same as your Single Sign-On (SSO) account.
If you are on the University campus you can temporarily connect to the OWL Wi-Fi network without a password to set up your Remote Access Account and download the eduroam CAT tool described in the steps below.
Download and install the eduroam CAT
- Go to: https://cat.eduroam.org and click eduroam user: download your eduroam installer.
- Select University of Oxford.
- If you have an Android device older than version 7.1, click Android 7.0 and earlier, otherwise click All other systems plus Android 7.1 and later.
- Click Download your eduroam installer followed by Continue.
Your operating system should have been selected automatically. If this hasn’t happened click the All platforms link and select your operating system from the list:
- Open and Run the file you have just downloaded:
- Click Next
- Click OK
- Select the Accept check box and click Next.
- Enter your remote username and password and click Install. Enter your username in the format abcd0123@OX.AC.UK - enter the OX.AC.UK part of your username in uppercase as some devices will not connect to eduroam if this is lowercase. Your remote username and password is different to your SSO password that you use to, for example, login to your University email.
- Click Finish. You can now connect to eduroam Wi-Fi.
- If you are having problems connecting you might need to remove the wireless network and reconnect. You might be necessary, for example, if you have changed your remote access password or previously set up an eduroam connection.
- If you are still having problems after removing the wireless network, you can try the appropriate installer available from the All other systems plus Android 7.1 and later. It is a simpler installer and may overcome issues that some non-Android systems have with the standard installer.
- Wi-Fi (eduroam) at the University of Oxford
- You must read and abide by the eduroam UK policy and the University's Regulations Relating to the use of IT Facilities.