If you are using Android on a mobile device, you can read your Nexus365 email either by setting up the Outlook app (recommended) or by using Android’s built-in email app.
These are generic instructions, so your version of Android may be slightly different.
|If your University Nexus email account is already set up on your device
Setting up Outlook on Android
Your Android device must be running Android 4.0 or later to use Outlook for Android. Microsoft instructions ae available from: Set up email in the Outlook for Android app.
- Download Outlook from the Play Store.
- Tap on the Outlook icon in your Apps menu to launch it.
- if necessary go to settings (cog icon)
- select add account
- select add an email account
- In the Email address field type your Single Sign On (SSO) username - not your email address - followed by @OX.AC.UK (note the capitalisation), for example abcd1234@OX.AC.UK. Then press
- You will be directed to the University Webauth page to authenticate your University credentials. Enter your SSO username and password.
- If you are not already logged in to the Universitiy's Webauth service then you will see another University of Oxford SSO confirmation screen: click the green
Continue to Shibboleth Identity Providerbutton.
- Your Nexus365 email is now available for you to use.
Setting up the Android mail app
Microsoft instructions are available from: Set up Office apps and email on Android.
- Navigate the Email or Mail app (depending on your version of Android).
- Add a new email account. You may be prompted by a wizard or you may need to tap Manage accounts and the plus (+) sign.
- When prompted, type your full email address or username (depending on your version of Android).
- Type your Single Sign On password and then select
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Authentication is likely to fail. If it does, continue from step 7.
- Enter the following account information and select
- Domain\Username: If Domain\Username is in one text box, remove the content and enter your Single Sign On (SSO) username followed by @OX.AC.UK in capitals, for example, abcd1234@OX.AC.UK.
- If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and in the Username box enter your Single Sign On (SSO) username followed by @OX.AC.UK in capitals.
- Password: Use your SSO password.
- Exchange Server: Enter outlook.office365.com
- Choose SSL if prompted about a secure connection.
Nextand you will be able to specify your syncing options.
- Your email account is now ready to use.