Deregistering from the HFS backup service
Please deregister any nodes that you no longer need to back up
If you no longer require the use of the TSM backup service then we request that you deregister the nodes that you no longer need to back up, then also ensure that the TSM client software is no longer installed on the appropriate machines.
You might be deregistering a node because:
- You are leaving Oxford University.
- You are upgrading to a new machine and no longer wish to back up the old one.
- You no longer need to back a machine up.
- Go to the HFS Portal.
- Click on the name of the node which you wish to deregister.
- In the menu on the left hand side, select Deregister node.
- Carefully read the information on the screen and click Proceed to confirm the deregistration
- You will shortly afterwards receive an automated email from the HFS Team confirming that this node will be deleted.
- Please now proceed to remove the TSM software from the machine. If you do not do this then it will continue to contact our servers, unsuccessfully trying to run scheduled backups.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you cannot find the solution you need here then we have other ways to get IT support