Applies to: macOS.
2. You will be asked to register before downloading the VPN client for the first time - complete the form and submit it
3. Click on the download for AnyConnect VPN Client for macOS
4. Download and Run/Open the AnyConnect.pkg installer file
5. Click through the screens to complete the installation
Connecting to VPN
Follow these instructions the first time you want to connect to the VPN
1. Go to your Applications folder and open Cisco the folder.
2. Double-click on Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to start the program
4. Enter vpn.ox.ac.uk into the dropdown box
5. Click Connect
6. When prompted enter your Remote Access account
details (this is the same as your Oxford / SSO username but usually has a different password) and click OK
Disconnecting from VPN
Follow these instructions when you have finished using the VPN. You might not be able to connect to other devices on your wireless network (e.g. home assistants including Alexa and Google Assistant, or media devices) until you have done this.
1. Click on the VPN icon in the Menu at top of screen
2. Select Disconnect