Applies to: Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019
When you open a shared calendar, Outlook takes a long time to display the results.
Turn off public folder caching as follows:
- In Outlook choose File > Account Settings > Account Settings
- In the Account Settings dialog select your main email account and click Change...
- In the Change Account dialog click More Settings...
- In the Microsoft Exchange dialog, select the Advanced tab
- Under Cached Exchange Mode Settings, uncheck Download shared folders and click OK to confirm
- Click Next then Finish then Close to confirm the change