The OWL visitor service allows colleges and departments to provide internet access to eligable visitors.
REQUESTING AN ACCOUNT
For education related visitors and those attending conferences at the University, the event organiser or person visited may request their local IT support staff set up an account to access OWL
The OWL service is very similar to WiFi provided in coffee shops and airport lounges.
- Connect to the OWL wireless network.
- If you are not prompted for login details, access the NeverSSL site to redirect to our secure login.
- Provide your visitor network login details.
This service is unencrypted so private information should over a secure connection, such as when using a VPN or HTTPS websites.
You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity, though you will only need to login again after 10 hours.
Any issues can only be addressed by the college or department's local IT support staff.
You must abide by our full IT regulations.
Please also be aware that
- you must not give your username or password to any other person
- you must notify your host or group organizer immediately if you have lost your account credentials.
- you are not permitted to use university IT or network facilities for any unlawful activity including unauthorised (re)distribution of copyrighted material.
- the University may bar access at any time to computers which appear to cause unreasonable consumption of network resources