How to access a Nexus365 secure account export
Guidance on accessing mailbox, OneDrive and other data in a Nexus365 snapshot (including PST and ZIP files)
- You will need a secure Windows PC that has all updates applied - for staff in UAS and GLAM we recommend a managed staff PC
- To access a mailbox export you will need a licensed version of MS Outlook 2016 or newer
- You should have been given a USB drive and BitLocker passphrase, or a OneDrive sharing link
- You may have been given one or more PST or ZIP file passphrases
Method 2 - Access export via USB drive
Use this method if you have been given a USB drive containing the exported data. You should also have been given a BitLocker passphrase.
- Insert the USB drive into a secure Windows PC that has all updates applied
- Double-click on the USB drive and enter the BitLocker passphrase to open it (for more details see How to Open Bitlocker Encrypted USB Drive on Another Computer (wikihow.com))
- Copy the contents of the USB drive to a local folder on your PC such as My Documents
Method 3 - Access export via OneDrive
Use this method if you have been given access to a OneDrive share containing the exported data.
- Check that you are confident that the OneDrive link was supplied to you by a member of University staff that you know, and from whom you had requested a Nexus365 export
- Visit the OneDrive link and download / copy the PST and/or ZIP files to a local folder on your PC such as My Documents
Method 4 - Open ZIP and PST files
You will need to repeat this for each ZIP file if the export has resulted in multiple data extracts. Each ZIP file will contain either a set of folders and files (OneDrive export) or one or more PST files (mailbox export).
- Right-click on the ZIP file, choose Extract All... and follow the instructions. We recommend that you select Browse and create a local folder on your PC to extract the files into, so you can find them easily
- Enter the ZIP file passphrase if prompted for one
PST files can be opened in Outlook.
If you cannot find the solution you need here then we have other ways to get IT support