Applies to: managed staff PCs
Method 1 - asset tag from label
This is usually the quickest method if you are near your PC.
- Find the asset tag on a small rectangular label stuck on the outside of your PC
- Asset numbers normally look like DE001234, AA0123 or DM005678
Method 2 - asset tag from device name
Use this method if you can't find the asset tag or you are accessing your PC remotely.
- Start and sign-in to your PC
- Select Start , type name, select View your PC name
- Send us the Device Name value, usually in the form 246D-DE001234
Method 3 - service tag from Dell support
The service tag can be used if the asset number cannot be confirmed.
- Open a web browser and visit Dell UK Support
- Wait for the site to detect your PC, then send us the Service Tag displayed under "Which product can we help you with"
Method 4 - service tag from command line
- Select Start , type cmd, select Command Prompt
- Wait for the command prompt window to open, then type wmic bios get serialnumber and press Enter
- Send us the value displayed