Hydra is the University's central DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM) service. It provides an integrated suite of tools via Web and API interfaces. It aims to provide complete self-service within the bounds of technical and political realities.
- DNS (Domain Name System)
- DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)
- IPAM (IP Address Management) Who owns resources such as domains and subnets
- Authentication and Authorization
- What's changed? If you used the old tools, here's how the new ones differ
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If after having read the documentation you want to ask a question about the operation of Hydra
- Making DNS changes for record types that were previously not self-service in the old DNS web interface (until 31 January 2020)
- Reporting bugs
- Making suggestions for enhancement
- Changing unit ownership of domain or subnet (requests from ITSS01 only, please)
- Why not join the mailing list and engage in lively discussion?
- Requests for new domains
- Add mail domain permission to existing domain
- Transfer in/out of non-ox.ac.uk domain to/from Oxford DNS hosting
Your unit's ITSS01
- Permission to edit DNS records for a domain or subnet
- Queries regarding ITSS Register membership, affilliations, lack of ITSS01 etc.
- Apply to join the Register