What is Forms?
Forms is a data gathering tool that allows you to create forms and share them with others. Using a simple web-driven interface, you can create simple surveys (with branching questions), quizzes or polls.
Why use Forms?
- It is easy to set up and share a form.
- You can choose a variety of question types.
- The forms can be completed by Nexus365 users or by external or anonymous users.
- You can store the data directly into an Excel spreadsheet on your OneDrive for Business or Excel Online.
How to access Forms
Log in to your Nexus365 account and click the Forms icon on your Nexus365 app launcher, or
Log in directly via forms.office.com.
How to create a form
Log on to Forms and follow these simple steps to create and share a form or quiz.
You can also use Forms with other Nexus365 apps.
OneDrive for Business: You can create new forms directly in your OneDrive for Business, and store the data collected there too.
- Log in to OneDrive
- Click New
- Select the ‘Forms for Excel’ option.
This will take you to the same forms design screen you will see in Forms, but all data collected will be put directly into an Excel spreadsheet in your default OneDrive for Business folder.
Excel Online: You can do the same in Excel Online.
- Log in to Excel Online
- Click New
- Create a blank worksheet
- Use the Insert option to insert a Microsoft Form into your sheet.
Again, as with the OneDrive for Business option, data will be collected directly in the newly created Excel worksheet.
Teams: You can also use Forms within Teams: just add a new tab and select the Forms option.
Microsoft Forms help centre (Microsoft guidance)