Note: You must adhere to the BeyondTrust Remote Support Code of Conduct.
The BeyondTrust Remote Support Representative Console must be installed on your machine before you can start a remote support session. Once the installation is complete, start a remote support session from your desktop by clicking the BeyondTrust Remote Support icon.
- If you are a member of IT Services, login using your CONNECT credentials
- Otherwise open the Authenticate Using drop-down list and select SAML Credentials, then login using your SSO credentials:
- To start a new session, click on the button marked Session Key
- The window which appears next displays the newly generated session key: You can connect to the customer in one of two methods:
Instruct the customer to go to remotesupport.it.ox.ac.uk
Provide the Session Key which is displayed on the screen.
The customer will type this when prompted and the session will begin
The Send button provides a drop-down list allowing you to choose where the email is set from:
Send Local Email - will open an email sending window in your default mail client. Type the customer's address in the To: field and send.
Send Server Email - will prompt for the customer's address and send an email from the server without exposing your own email address.
- If you chose the email option to connect – the customer will receive a confirmation email:
- They will need to click on the link as prompted.
- A screen will open and the customer will need to follow the instructions.
- This may run a security scan for the customer, the sharing icon will briefly appear.
- The customer will need to Allow the following request, the share icon will show on the customer’s device.
- Highlight and Accept the incoming connection.
- You can select to view either one of the customer’s screens. Click on required screen.
- To end the session, click the red X. Click, End Session.
The customer will be advised of the session ending and can ignore the survey which will appear.