Every answered call through the system is logged to create itemised billing that accompanies the telephone bills. It is possible to get a login to the reporting server to be able to run ad-hoc reports. These can provide a variety of historical reports on things like call answering times, call origins, how many calls an individual or team is taking and when, and cost breakdowns.
Chorus call reporting
Call reporting on the Chorus telephony system
Access to call logger reporting is permitted to ITSS and departmental administrators to view details about their telephone bills. To request access, please submit a Chorus call reporting Service Request to get this set up.
- In order for access, and as part of the set-up process, you will need a CONNECT account.
- If you are not already on CONNECT, a new CONNECT user account will be created for you during access setup
- Once a new CONNECT user account has been set up you will be contacted via the Service Request and asked to register with the CONNECT Password Manager - a call to 01865612345 for a one-off pass code will be required for this
After set up has been confirmed via the Service Request:
- To access the server, browse to https://calllogger.chorus.ox.ac.uk/commsware (needs VPN) using your CONNECT account credentials
After login, please see the 'Running reports' section below.
In order to run reports with different configurations, this is done by editing the existing default reports that have been set up already.
- Once you have logged in (see accessing reports section above), open the Shared User Reports folder from the home screen
- The reports named Backing Documents are the ones that give the details to back up the telephone bills.
- If you wish to see details about a particular extension, open the Call Detail Report (for a particular extension the Call Detail Report is recommended). This will run the report with the current default settings - the report will show all calls for your unit's cost centre - multiple pages for the month for all extensions - however, to refine the settings, go to step 4
- In order to change the settings click on BTS Reporting link at the top-right of the window. This will show the current report settings for the Call Detail Report.
- Now amend settings as required:
- Set the start and end date as appropriate. The calendar icon can also be used to pick dates
- To include calls from a particular extension, choose 'From' rather than 'Involving'
- Next, click on the magnifying glass to the right of Addresses to find a particular extension.
- Enter the extension to report on in the Address search box, then click on Search
- This filters the one entry in the lower box. Highlight this, and click on Add
- This puts the entry in the box above. Highlight the entry and click on Accept
- The view will then return to the first screen but with the word 'Filtered' in the Addresses selection
- Click Process Now to see report details, which will open in a new window.
- To save the report once configured, click on Save.
- Rename the report as suits and save it into your own user folder.
- Choose Current user's permissions at the bottom.
From the home page, choose My Reports and then you will see the report you saved earlier. Click on the report to run it.
- After running the report, click on the Export drop-down button in the menu
- Choose from the following options: XML, CSV, PDF, MHTML, Excel, TIFF or Word.
- Choose to open or save the file as appropriate.
A subscription means you can be emailed with a report on a regular basis.
Browse to the report that you wish to subscribe to and click on the drop-down arrow at the right and choose Subscribe.
Fill in the details as required.
If you cannot find the solution you need here then we have other ways to get IT support