CUD UI simple matching
The simple matching interface is intended to allow locally held lists of people to be matched against CUD data. This could provide the following benefits:
- Discover whether a record for a person exists in a central data source.
- Discover the affiliations recorded for a person.
- Enrich locally held data with additional attributes.
Aid with lifecycle management by exposing when affiliations are no longer valid.
Access the Simple Matching interface
To access the Simple Matching interface:
- Navigate to the Core User Directory User Interface (CUD UI)
- Select Simple Matching
- Log in with your Oxford username and Single Sign-On (SSO) password
Create a matching list
The Simple Matching start page displays a list of matching operations previously executed, and a button to create a new matching list.
To create a matching list:
- Click the New matching list button
- Provide a list name
- Click the Create button
- Click the list's Manage button
A blank matching list is now displayed.
Upload file for matching
Select Upload a file for matching.
The column headings must be left as they are in the sample provided. Add as much data as you are able. Please note that the fields that can be provided are limited.
After the file is processed, returning to the matching list shows:
- which rows matched data in CUD.
- the number of matches made for each of these.
- which rows did not match any data.
The matching list will remain in CUD for up to one year, but the matching data is a snapshot of what CUD contains when the match is made and so is not updated as data changes in CUD.
Where matches are displayed in the Matched Records section, each can be reviewed by clicking the icon on the row in question.
The match resolver shows on what basis that match was made, and the level of confidence that has been assigned to the matching strategy.
Multiple matches can be reviewed and false matches removed.
The resulting list can be downloaded as a csv file containing the data you uploaded and data matched from CUD.
If you cannot find the solution you need here then we have other ways to get IT support